Newest Post

// Posted by :Mikhail Polenin // On :15 aprilie 2011


Pentru inceput vreau sa va spun ca acest tutorial nu este facut de mine, dar am de gand sa-mi fac si eu asa ceva. Instructiunile sunt in engleza: 

Fist of all remove the old scale 




The inside of the scale - I glued it with Dunlop glue long time ago.


Next I pulled out the PCB from a used DVD rom and traced the scale on it made a rough cut.



Ground out to -1mm size (to be explained later) drill thru PCB, next I prepared the mould for the new scale using 5mm thick PVC board


Pasted with double sided type to hold in position prepared the resin using this..



into this



make sure it is water levered for uniform thickness also make sure the surface which contact to resin is free from oil or water, or you will have yourself this. 
The white color area looks like not fully bonded with resin.


The next morning it turns to this ugly looking chocalate bars it warped during drying process, and this require a lot of grinding later 



more grinding on the center area to compensate the warp phenomenon.



** notice that the -1mm? i want the rasin to fully cover the suround so that there will be no chance for the pcb to expose.
** I skipped a lot of photos for 2 hours of grinding and polishing job, I left my camera behind
Finally with some epoxy and another 12hours of drying time, I made myself this :









Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

// Copyright © 2012 Rotten's Note //DreamsKeeper //